Greeting loyal readers. Me and Nellie are very sad to be told of the passing over to the rainbow bridge of our terrier friend, Zac the All Black. We are thinking of him and his beloved. One of his last blogs was to award Me and Nellie a beautiful bloggers award. We are honoured to accept this award. Thank you Zac. Our thoughts are with your family at this time. http://zactheallblack.wordpress.com/2012/08/28/beautiful-blogger-award/
Me and Nellie have never had an award before, so We are uncertain what to do, so forgive Us if we don’t do it right.
Seven things about Me and Nellie
1. I was born in Palmerston North (same place as mummy) and Nellie was born in a farm just outside Marton, where sister goes to school.
2. When I was a small puppy I eat sister’s homework. It was her fault. She left it on the coffee table and I just had to take it and run outside and have a good old chew. Mummy had to ring the teacher up and tell him that the dog really did eat her homework. For some reason sister was not pleased with Me. Can’t understand why.
3. Me and Nellie do not like water. We do not like it when family and friends go and play in this huge blue pond they call a swimming pool. It is against the laws of nature to get wet. Me and Nellie love going to the beach but We do not like getting our dainty paws wet. Instead We like to frolic in the sand dunes.
4. In January I had a very bad car accident. I was a naughty dog and was chasing cars and got run over by a ute towing a trailer. Mummy and daddy say the 25 minute car ride into town to take Me to the vet was the longest journey of their lives. Thankfully, I am fine now.
5. Mummy says sometimes I can be very pig-headed and not listen to what I am being told to do. Mummy says if ‘sit’ has many meanings, then the word ‘come’ to a maremma has thousands more. It is not that I do not hear what mummy is saying, it is that as a maremma I have to follow what I think is right not necessarily what a human tells Me to do. Maremmas have been breed to protect sheep in the alps of Italy from wolves and We take our jobs very seriously.
6. My favourite toy is a blue squeaky cactus. I love to squeak it must to the annoyance of family, especially at night-time when I sit on my bed and make it squeak and family are trying to watch TV.
7. Me and Nellie like to bark a lot. This may come as a surprise to some readers, but maremmas are well-known for their ability to bark, especially at passing cyclists. They do not stop and give Me and Nellie the love and attention that We so richly deserve. It is not fair!! We bark to remind them that We are here waiting for them to stop.
Now for the hard part to nominate seven blogs to receive this award. Hope you all enjoy them all.
1. One of our two Australian maremma friends. Mia the Maremma http://miamaremmadiaries.wordpress.com/
2. Our other Australian maremma friends – Rosamund and Freya http://poultryparadise.wordpress.com/
3. One of the first doggys We ever met on-line – Jasper and Lexie the great danes http://doggyadventures.wordpress.com/
4. An amazing greyhound from New Zealand called Solo http://awordfromsolo.wordpress.com/
5. Zac the puppy http://sandyrobinson.wordpress.com/2012/09/
We know that this in only five and not the seven it should be, but We wanted to limit our nominations to either maremmas with blogs or blogs from New Zealand and this is the only ones We know of. So, if there is any dogs out there from New Zealand or maremmas with blogs let Me and Nellie know and We will nominate you. Love Nellie and Jasper who have just got very muddy because IT IS RAINING AGAIN.